Mont Pelerin Society
|Mont Pelerin Society|
|founded in the year||1947|
|Output of Mont Pelerin Society 2023|
|<pbars ymin=0 ytitle="count" xtitle="Kind of Output" angle=90 colors=80B3E6 size=330x250>
Books, Peer reviewed pubs., Studies, Articles, Policy papers, Op-eds, Newspaper articles, Blogs, Periodicals, Podcasts (audio), Podcasts (video), Conferences, Seminars/workshops, Lecturers/talks, Briefings, Others, </pbars>
|Presence of Think Tank affiliates in the various fieldsWe try to capture where people affiliated with a Think Tank - affiliates are employees, members of the advisory and supervisory board etc. - are present: if they write in the media, teach in universities or work for another Think Tank. The chart down below shows in which fields the affiliates are present. Every presence is counted once.|
|People n = 9|
|Presences n = 83|
|<pPie size=330x200 Legend>
Think Tank,3 Business,9 Media,9 Politics,17 Academia,41 NGO,4 </pPie>
|Kind of activities of Think Tank affiliatesWe try to capture where people affiliated with a Think Tank - affiliates are employees, members of the advisory and supervisory board etc. - are present: if they write in the media, teach in universities or work for another Think Tank. The chart down below shows which kind of activities the affiliates conduct. Every presence is counted once.|
|<pPie size=330x200 Legend>
Author,7 Leader (CEO etc.),22 Consultant,15 Editor,7 Interviewee,2 Member,15 Participant,3 Lecturer,0 Employee,12 </pPie>
Organizational Structure and Funding
People leading the Think Tank in the day to day business (CEOs, directorates etc.).
- Gary S. Becker (1989), Vice-president
- Pascal Salin (1996-1998), President
- Ed Feulner (formerly), President
- Victoria Curzon-Price (2004-2006), President
- Gary S. Becker (1990-1992), President
- Gary S. Becker (1985-1996), Member of the Executive Board
- Christian Watrin (2000-2002), President
- Leonard Liggio, Senior Vice President
- Victoria Curzon Price, President 2004-2006
- Alberto Benegas Lynch (former)
People working for the Think Tank (Fellows etc.). This includes also part-time employees.
- Ed Feulner, Treasurer
Members are not actively engaged in the institution, but have some rights (participation in certain events...). Sometimes members have to pay extensive yearly fees.
- Detmar Doering (since 1996), Member
- Gary S. Becker (since 1971)
People advising the Think Tank (mainly in scientific questions)
- Linda Whetstone, Member of the board
People supervising the Think Tank (mainly in economic questions).
- Jiří Schwarz, It is not specified of which board she is a member.
It is not clear what kind of board Linda Whetstone is member of.
We used the DGs of the EU to generate a basic list of topics. This list is going to be steadily extended. However we try to preserve a persistent list of topics.