|founded in the year
|Kungsgatan 60 (Box 3037) SE-103 61 Stockholm
|European Ideas Network (EIN), Stockholm Network, parteipolitische EU-Think Tank-Netzwerke, European Policy Information Center
|Virtual Networks A "Virtual Network" is a group of Think Tanks identified by certain semantic and normative (ideological) commonalities (e.g. climate change scepticism). Such a virtual network constitutes a research field that differs from the study of formal networks. Formal networks are real in the sense of officially acknowledged and immediately open to empirical validation. Virtual networks on the other hand display shared ideas. Social network analysis tools can be applied to find out if or to what extent virtual networks are real networks that display linkages (membership in networks, personnel, resources etc.). Unconnected think tanks in turn can be considered special cases in need of explanation independent from network structures (unless we have to assume invisible, hidden or covered ties).
Organizational Structure and Funding
Kungsgatan 60 (Box 3037) SE-103 61 Stockholm
People leading the Think Tank in the day to day business (CEOs, directorates etc.).
- Maria Rankka (2006-2010), Director (former)
- Karin Svanborg-Sjövall (2011-), Director
People working for the Think Tank (Fellows etc.). This includes also part-time employees.
- Victor Fladvad, Press and Event Coordinator
- Daniel Löfstedt, Project manager, Timbro Media Institute
- Fahmy Ismahoon, Reception and office services
- Adam Cwejman, Project Manager Integration
- Andreas Johansson Heinö, Publishing Director
- Kristina Von Unge, Research Librarian
- Mats Olin, Director Timbro Media Institute
- Lydiah Wålsten, Director of Communications
- Birgitta Wöllner, Personal Assistant
- Lars Anders Johansson, Project Manager, Cultural Issues
- Katarina Larsson, Chief of Staff
- Malin Sahlén, Project Manager, Economic policy
- Anna Hamnegård, Project Manager, Publishing and Production
- Margareta Runsten, Assistant Controller
We used the DGs of the EU to generate a basic list of topics. This list is going to be steadily extended. However we try to preserve a persistent list of topics.
- Institutional Reform/Public Services
- Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- European Integration
- Health and Consumer Policy
- International Trade/Globalization
- Environment/Climate Action
- Contemporary History/Politics of History, Theory, Clash of Ideas
What we call here a semantic field is the idea to categorize think tanks in a two level system. The first levels are so called 'Virtual Networks' and the second are the semantic fields. Accordingly every semantic field entered here has to be attached to a virtual network. If you would like to follow a special phenomenon among think tanks please contact us and we are going to add a new virtual network. Semantic fields are topics that promote a virtual network. Lets take climate change as an example: 'climate change skeptics' is the virtual network and 'adaption instead of mitigation' would be one possible semantic field.
- Limiting public economic share / finances (Austerity Politics): The report 'Statlig finansiering till småföretag?' recommends the reduction of public activities in the economic sphere and a tax reform to relieve investments and comsumption. The creation of new jobs by private enterprises liberated from regulatory and fiscal restrictions is praised as high road to cope with future demographic and social challenges instead of the expansion of the welfare state. Keyfigures: Svensson, Roger