Think Tank Network Initiative
Welcome to the Think Tank Network Initiative! Think Tanks have become influential organizations both in expert circles and in public media. Social scientific research on think tanks at the same time has remained underdeveloped, and is not currently up to the task of adequately capturing and explaining the think tank phenomenon. The Think Tank Network Initiative was founded to meet this challenge and to narrow the gap. In addition to becoming a home for a wide range of comparative think tank studies we also aim to advance the discussion on the legal foundations of, and other rules and regulations for think tanks. The Think Tank Network Initiative advocates comprehensive transparency rules for all think tanks and other not-for-profit organizations. The need for research and advocacy in this area is particularly important in order to improve the conditions for think tank research in general.
Use our website
The semantic wiki you are looking at is the core of our website. It currently holds information on 932 Think Tanks and 1369 persons affiliated with these institutions. To access the information you can either use the basic search below or just skim through the lists of Think Tanks and persons. We plan to implement a more advanced search function soon.
The second part of our website is a blog. We use it to disseminate not only research results, but also technical and methodological ideas as well as news relevant to people interested in think tank related research.
- Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families (5 May 2021 17:55:26)
- Civic Institute (5 May 2021 17:09:13)
- Instituto von Mises Barcelona (27 January 2021 15:17:40)
- Murray Rothbard Instituut (14 January 2021 13:59:39)
- Mises Ukraine (14 January 2021 13:53:44)
- Mises Turkey (14 January 2021 13:46:16)
- Mises Switzerland (14 January 2021 13:28:31)
- Mises Sweden (14 January 2021 13:05:08)