Global Agenda Council - Water Security
|Global Agenda Council - Water Security|
|address||World Economic Forum Switzerland 91-93 route de la Capite, CH-1223 Cologny/Geneva Switzerland|
|Virtual Networks A "Virtual Network" is a group of Think Tanks identified by certain semantic and normative (ideological) commonalities (e.g. climate change scepticism). Such a virtual network constitutes a research field that differs from the study of formal networks. Formal networks are real in the sense of officially acknowledged and immediately open to empirical validation. Virtual networks on the other hand display shared ideas. Social network analysis tools can be applied to find out if or to what extent virtual networks are real networks that display linkages (membership in networks, personnel, resources etc.). Unconnected think tanks in turn can be considered special cases in need of explanation independent from network structures (unless we have to assume invisible, hidden or covered ties).||Water Privatization|
The following coordinate was not recognized: 46.22526939999999;6.19168830000001.The following coordinate was not recognized: 46.22526939999999;6.19168830000001.
Organizational Structure and Funding
"Our wealthier, more populous and more climate variable world is fast becoming a more water insecure world. Water insecurity poses a real threat to the economic development and security of many countries. The fundamental rethinking of how water is managed will simultaneously focus on supply, investment, allocation, regulation and conservation issues." http://www3.weforum.org/tools/gac/issuebrowser2011/index.html#/3865
World Economic Forum Switzerland 91-93 route de la Capite, CH-1223 Cologny/Geneva Switzerland
People working for the Think Tank (Fellows etc.). This includes also part-time employees.
- Sophia Sandström (2011-?), Council Manager, Project Specialist, Environmental Initiatives
- Dominic Kailash Nath Waughray (2011-?), Forum Lead, Head of Public-Private Partnership, Global Agenda Platform, Member of the Executive Committee, Senior Director of Water Resource Group, Head of Environmental Initiatives, World Economic Forum
- Usha Rao-Monari (2011-?), Expert on GAC Water Security & Global Head, Water, Global Infrastructure and Natural Resources Department at International Finance Corporation (IFC), Water Resource Group
Experts are not permanently employed at the Think Tank. They are paid for contract research when their expertise is needed. Some Think Tanks call a database of hundred or even more experts their own.
- Robert W. Bailey (2011-?), President, Water Business Group at CH2M Hill
- Stuart Orr (2011-?), Manager, Freshwater at WWF – World Wide Fund for Nature
- Herbert Oberhaensli (2011-?), Vice-President, Economics and International Relations at Nestlé SA
- J. Carl Ganter (2011-?), Managing Director at Circle of Blue
- Alexander Jakob Boris Zehnder (2011-?), President at Triple Z GmbH
- Upmanu Lall (2011-?), Alan & Carol Silberstein Professor, Department of Earth and Environmental Engineering at Columbia University
- Samantha Gross (2011-?), Director at IHS CERA, Inc.
- Arjun Thapan (2010-2011), Special Senior Adviser in infrastructure and water Asian Development Bank, Chair, Global Agenda Council on Water Security
- Jeff Seabright (2011-?), Vice-President, Environment and Water Resources at The Coca-Cola Company
- Rabi Mohtar (2011-?), Executive Director, Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute at Qatar Foundation
- Daniel W. Bena (2011-?), Senior Director, Sustainable Development at PepsiCo, Inc.
- Andrew Wales (2011-?), Head, Sustainable Develoat SABMiller Plc
- Sanjay Bhatnagar (2011-?), Chief Executive Officer at WaterHealth International
- Margaret Catley-Carlson (2011-?), Patron at Global Water Partnership (GWP)
We used the DGs of the EU to generate a basic list of topics. This list is going to be steadily extended. However we try to preserve a persistent list of topics.
The GAC on water security is part of the World Economic Forum's efforts focused on the "water-food-energy-climate nexus". http://www3.weforum.org/tools/gac/issuebrowser2011/index.html#/3865