Fondation pour l'Innovation Politique
|Fondation pour l'Innovation Politique
|founded in the year
|11, rue de Grenelle 75007, Paris
|Stockholm Network, European Ideas Network (EIN)
|Virtual Networks A "Virtual Network" is a group of Think Tanks identified by certain semantic and normative (ideological) commonalities (e.g. climate change scepticism). Such a virtual network constitutes a research field that differs from the study of formal networks. Formal networks are real in the sense of officially acknowledged and immediately open to empirical validation. Virtual networks on the other hand display shared ideas. Social network analysis tools can be applied to find out if or to what extent virtual networks are real networks that display linkages (membership in networks, personnel, resources etc.). Unconnected think tanks in turn can be considered special cases in need of explanation independent from network structures (unless we have to assume invisible, hidden or covered ties).
|Climate Change Skeptics, Austerity politics
The following coordinate was not recognized: 48.853033;2.32881.The following coordinate was not recognized: 48.853033;2.32881.
Organizational Structure and Funding
11, rue de Grenelle 75007, Paris
People leading the Think Tank in the day to day business (CEOs, directorates etc.).
People advising the Think Tank (mainly in scientific questions)
- Marie-Claire Carrère-Gée, former
- François Ewald, former
- Dominique Schnapper, former
- Patrick Lozès, former
- Jacques Mistral, former
- Bernard Bachelier, former
- Camille Grand, former
People supervising the Think Tank (mainly in economic questions).
We used the DGs of the EU to generate a basic list of topics. This list is going to be steadily extended. However we try to preserve a persistent list of topics.
- Information Society and Media
- Institutional Reform/Public Services
- Justice and fundamental rights
- Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- European Integration
- Education, Culture, Multilingualism and Youth
- Financial Programming and the Budget
- Maritime affairs and fisheries/Agriculture and rural development
- Health and Consumer Policy
- Home Affairs
- Environment/Climate Action
- Political Movements, Parties, Thought
- Regional and Urban Policy
- Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Contemporary History/Politics of History, Theory, Clash of Ideas
What we call here a semantic field is the idea to categorize think tanks in a two level system. The first levels are so called 'Virtual Networks' and the second are the semantic fields. Accordingly every semantic field entered here has to be attached to a virtual network. If you would like to follow a special phenomenon among think tanks please contact us and we are going to add a new virtual network. Semantic fields are topics that promote a virtual network. Lets take climate change as an example: 'climate change skeptics' is the virtual network and 'adaption instead of mitigation' would be one possible semantic field.
- Subordinating climate change mitigation to economic interests (Climate Change Skeptics): Albert Bressand – Transition énergétique européenne : bonnes intentions et mauvais calculs <http://www.fondapol.org/etude/albert-bressand_transition_energetique_europeenne/>
Considers the EU's energy and climate policy objectives as hastily set and especially the German energy revolution as an example of an extremely costly and inefficient climate policy strategy. Also, the operation of a common electricity market without a consistent market-based strategy is no guarantee of the regulatory competence of climate policy required. Also would the U.S. through their new gas wealth make a greater contribution to reducing CO2-emissions than Europe with its ambitious targets. And this in spite of U.S. energy policies differing from state to state and poorly integrated energy networks. Suggests pause for thought.
- Réduire la dette grâce à la Constitution : créer une règle budgétaire en France accompanied by a survey as documented Sondage : les Français et la dette publique
- 2010 in the heyday of the crisis