Max-Planck-Institut für Steuerrecht und Öffentliche Finanzen
|Max-Planck-Institut für Steuerrecht und Öffentliche Finanzen|
|founded in the year||2011|
|address||Marstallplatz 1 80539 München|
|founder||Kai A. Konrad, Wolfgang Schön|
|Virtual Networks A "Virtual Network" is a group of Think Tanks identified by certain semantic and normative (ideological) commonalities (e.g. climate change scepticism). Such a virtual network constitutes a research field that differs from the study of formal networks. Formal networks are real in the sense of officially acknowledged and immediately open to empirical validation. Virtual networks on the other hand display shared ideas. Social network analysis tools can be applied to find out if or to what extent virtual networks are real networks that display linkages (membership in networks, personnel, resources etc.). Unconnected think tanks in turn can be considered special cases in need of explanation independent from network structures (unless we have to assume invisible, hidden or covered ties).||Austerity politics|
|Output of Max-Planck-Institut für Steuerrecht und Öffentliche Finanzen 2023|
|<pbars ymin=0 ytitle="count" xtitle="Kind of Output" angle=90 colors=80B3E6 size=330x250>
Books, Peer reviewed pubs., Studies, Articles, Policy papers, Op-eds, Newspaper articles, Blogs, Periodicals, Podcasts (audio), Podcasts (video), Conferences, Seminars/workshops, Lecturers/talks, Briefings, Others, </pbars>
The following coordinate was not recognized: 48.141002;11.581228.The following coordinate was not recognized: 48.141002;11.581228.
Organizational Structure and Funding
Marstallplatz 1 80539 München
People leading the Think Tank in the day to day business (CEOs, directorates etc.).
- Kai A. Konrad, Director; Department of Public Economics
- Wolfgang Schön, Director; Department of Business and Tax Law
People working for the Think Tank (Fellows etc.). This includes also part-time employees.
- Alexander Wu, Ph.D. Student
- Harald Lang, Ph.D. Student
- Arne Sven Simon, Ph.D. Student
- Tim Stopler, Ph.D. Student
- Raisa Sherif, Ph.D. Student
- Luisa Herbst, Ph.D. Student
- Kai Brückerhoff, Ph.D. Student
Experts are not permanently employed at the Think Tank. They are paid for contract research when their expertise is needed. Some Think Tanks call a database of hundred or even more experts their own.
- Fabian Pagels, Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
- Julian Pröbstl, Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
- Gabriella Schwarz, Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin
- Yasmin Holm, Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin
- Marco Serena, Senior Research Fellow
- Caroline Heber, Wissenschaftliche Referentin
- Aart Gerritsen, Senior Research Fellow
- Jana Cahlikova, Senior Research Fellow
- Deborah Fries, Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin
- Marika Öry, Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin
- Erik Röder, Wissenschaftlicher Referent
- Mariana Lopes da Fonseca Lopes da Fonseca, Senior Research Fellow
- Christian Groeneveld, Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
- Christian Sternberg, Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
- Patrick Hell, Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
- Selina Reif, Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin
- Leopoldo Parada, Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
- Christine Osterloh-Konrad, Wissenschaftliche Referentin
- Birke Häcker, Wissenschaftliche Referentin
- Alexander Hellgardt, Wissenschaftlicher Referent
Working mode, goals
"Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance, an interdisciplinary research center focusing on national and international taxation from a legal and an economic perspective. The Institute is part of the Max Planck Society, Germany’s foremost provider of basic research in science and humanities, funded largely from public resources.
The Institute consists of two equally large departments each headed by a director. One department carries out research on different aspects of business law and taxation, the other department carries out research in public finance and public economics. There are close connections with the University of Munich.
The Institute is not a teaching institution but a pure research unit, carrying out mid-term and long-term research projects in its respective fields. The Institute offers positions for PhD students and post-docs and welcomes visitors from all over the world for short- or long-term research periods. It has an excellent interdisciplinary library and hosts international and interdisciplinary conferences, workshops, seminars and guest lecture series."
We used the DGs of the EU to generate a basic list of topics. This list is going to be steadily extended. However we try to preserve a persistent list of topics.
- Financial Policy
- Public Finances
- Public Debt