Hanns Seidel Stiftung
|Hanns Seidel Stiftung|
|founded in the year||1967|
|address||Lazarettstraße 33 80636 München|
|number of employees||281|
|Networks||European Ideas Network (EIN), Latinoamerica Libre, Center for European Studies (CES), European Network of Political Foundations (ENOP)|
|Virtual Networks A "Virtual Network" is a group of Think Tanks identified by certain semantic and normative (ideological) commonalities (e.g. climate change scepticism). Such a virtual network constitutes a research field that differs from the study of formal networks. Formal networks are real in the sense of officially acknowledged and immediately open to empirical validation. Virtual networks on the other hand display shared ideas. Social network analysis tools can be applied to find out if or to what extent virtual networks are real networks that display linkages (membership in networks, personnel, resources etc.). Unconnected think tanks in turn can be considered special cases in need of explanation independent from network structures (unless we have to assume invisible, hidden or covered ties).||Austerity politics|
|Output of Hanns Seidel Stiftung 2023|
|<pbars ymin=0 ytitle="count" xtitle="Kind of Output" angle=90 colors=80B3E6 size=330x250>
Books, Peer reviewed pubs., Studies, Articles, Policy papers, Op-eds, Newspaper articles, Blogs, Periodicals, Podcasts (audio), Podcasts (video), Conferences, Seminars/workshops, Lecturers/talks, Briefings, Others, </pbars>
The HSS is a political and educational foundation close to the bavarian CSU.
Organizational Structure and Funding
The HSS is funded mainly through public support according to german legal norms for foundations of parties represented in the german parliament.
Lazarettstraße 33 80636 München
People leading the Think Tank in the day to day business (CEOs, directorates etc.).
- Ursula Männle, chairperson
People working for the Think Tank (Fellows etc.). This includes also part-time employees.
- Bühler Hanns, Institute of International Development
- Liepert Klaus, Institute of International Development
- Marcus Ehm, Director of the Institute in Moskau
- Fiesinger Klaus, Institute of International Development
- Schmidt Maryam, Institute of International Development
- Teltschik Richard, Director of Institut in Washington
- Ehm Dietmar, Institute of International Development
- Lange Willi, Institute of International Development
- Polixeni Kapellou, Director of the Institute in Athens
- Binder Klaus G., Institute of International Development
- Luther Susanne, Institute of International Development
Members are not actively engaged in the institution, but have some rights (participation in certain events...). Sometimes members have to pay extensive yearly fees.
Detailed funding activities
If possible we also list more detailed funding activities of Think Tanks. This includes funds they emit as well as funds they receive.
- http://www.stmf.bayern.de (2012) Funding of 1,468,000 €. public benefits reflection the HSS' status as foundation of a party represented in the bavarian Landtag
- http://www.bmf.de (2012) Funding of 48,869,000 €. public benefits reflecting the HSS' status as foundation of a party represented in the Bundestag
We used the DGs of the EU to generate a basic list of topics. This list is going to be steadily extended. However we try to preserve a persistent list of topics.
What we call here a semantic field is the idea to categorize think tanks in a two level system. The first levels are so called 'Virtual Networks' and the second are the semantic fields. Accordingly every semantic field entered here has to be attached to a virtual network. If you would like to follow a special phenomenon among think tanks please contact us and we are going to add a new virtual network. Semantic fields are topics that promote a virtual network. Lets take climate change as an example: 'climate change skeptics' is the virtual network and 'adaption instead of mitigation' would be one possible semantic field.
- Debt reduction (Austerity Politics): strengthening the SGP by creating instruments to enforce its rules