Catalanist and Democrat Foundation (CatDem)
|Catalanist and Democrat Foundation (CatDem)|
|founded in the year||1994|
|address||Carrer de Casp, 80, 08010 Barcelona|
|Networks||European Liberal Forum, Think Tank, European Network of Political Foundations (ENOP)|
|Output of Catalanist and Democrat Foundation (CatDem) 2023|
|<pbars ymin=0 ytitle="count" xtitle="Kind of Output" angle=90 colors=80B3E6 size=330x250>
Books, Peer reviewed pubs., Studies, Articles, Policy papers, Op-eds, Newspaper articles, Blogs, Periodicals, Podcasts (audio), Podcasts (video), Conferences, Seminars/workshops, Lecturers/talks, Briefings, Others, </pbars>
The following coordinate was not recognized: 41.392884;2.175684.The following coordinate was not recognized: 41.392884;2.175684.
Catalan: Fundació Catalanista i Demòcrata (CatDem)
The Catalanist and Democrat Foundation (CatDem) has assumed the challenge of impelling the restructuration process of Catalanism. The contemporary world as it is, raises a whole new set of important challenges, to which the Catalanist thought has to be capable of giving adequate answers; for example, to the consequences of globalisation; to the increasing and unceasable diversity and pluralism that describe developed societies from a social, cultural, linguistic and religious point of view; to the emergence of new technologies and the impact of those in areas such as education or economy; the demand for new policies to face emerging needs; to the new geopolitical coordinates; to the new economic interdependency; to the regeneration of democracy; to the role of States and the distribution of sovereignty and political power in this new context. To sum up, Catalanism has to be competent enough so to provide some answers to anything that conditions economic development and the wellbeing of the citizenship.
In order to structure the debates in an efficient way, the Foundation constituted three big areas of reflection and six work commissions. The objective is, from now on, to focus on the participation and contribution of more than a hundred people coming from the social, intellectual and academic world of Catalonia. The reflection areas have the objective of rethinking catalanism from the point of view of ideas. The work commissions offer the adequate framework to define concrete propositions and projects on more specific questions.
Organizational Structure and Funding
Carrer de Casp, 80, 08010 Barcelona
People leading the Think Tank in the day to day business (CEOs, directorates etc.).
- Narcís Oliveres Terrades, board of trustees (patronat)
- Marc Guerrero Tarragó, secretary of the board of trustees (patronat)
- Víctor Terradellas Maré, board of trustees (patronat)
- Carles Del Pozo Cerdà, board of trustees (patronat)
- Magda Oranich, vice chairperson of the board of trustees (patronat) (vice president)
- Carles Campuzano Canadès, board of trustees (patronat)
- Jacint Borràs, vice chairperson of the board of trustees (patronat) (vice president)
- Francesc Xavier Sanchez Vera, board of trustees (patronat)
- Natàlia Molero Lloret, board of trustees (patronat)
- Joan Guitart Agell, board of trustees (patronat)
- Joaquim Ferrer, chairperson of the board of trustees (patronat) (president)
- Jaume Sobrequés Callicó, board of trustees (patronat)
- Joaquima Alemany Roca, board of trustees (patronat)
We used the DGs of the EU to generate a basic list of topics. This list is going to be steadily extended. However we try to preserve a persistent list of topics.